GARNER, Iowa – A second man has now been arrested in connection with a string of storage unit burglaries in Hancock County.
Christopher Michael Hoeft, 39 of Forest City, was picked up on Thursday. He’s charged with eight counts of 3rd degree burglary, four counts of 2nd degree theft, and two counts of 3rd degree theft.
Kristen Nelson of Forest City was arrested on July 24 and accused of repeatedly burglarizing a storage facility in the 100 block of Industrial Drive in Forest City between January 10 and January 21. Law enforcement says thousands of dollars worth of items were stolen.
Investigators say Nelson initially said Hoeft was involved in the burglaries but later took that statement back through an attorney. However, court document state that when Hoeft was interviewed about these crimes on Wednesday, he admitted he was involved and had some of the items stolen from the storage units.
Nelson is charged with nine counts of 3rd degree burglary, one count of attempted 3rd degree burglary, four counts of 2nd degree theft, and two counts of 3rd degree theft.
- Second arrest in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- One not guilty plea in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- Storage unit thieves plead guilty in Hancock County
- Forest City man accused of storage unit burglaries
- No explanation for Rochester storage unit fire
- Police: Mason City man facing 3 felony burglary charges for breaking into storage units
- Sentences handed out in rural Hancock County burglaries
- Probation for Hancock County woman
- Not guilty pleas in storage unit drug bust
- UPDATE: Fire causes significant damage to Rochester storage unit