GARNER, Iowa – The second defendant in a bunch of storage unit burglaries in Hancock County is pleading not guilty.
Christopher Michael Hoeft, 39 of Forest City, is charged with eight counts of 3rd degree burglary, four counts of 2nd degree theft, and two counts of 3rd degree theft. Authorities say he and Kristen James Nelson of Forest city repeatedly broke into storage units in the 100 block of Industrial Drive in Forest City in January.
Court documents say Hoeft and Nelson stole items worth thousands of dollars.
Nelson previously pleaded not guilty to nine counts of 3rd degree burglary, one count of attempted 3rd degree burglary, four counts of 2nd degree theft, and two counts of 3rd degree theft.
Both men are now set to stand trial on October 17.
- Second accused storage unit burglar pleads not guilty
- Not guilty pleas from accused Clear Lake storage unit burglars
- Accused Forest City burglar pleads not guilty
- Accused Alliant Energy burglar pleads not guilty
- Accused garage burglar pleads not guilty
- Storage unit thieves plead guilty in Hancock County
- Cement plant burglar pleads guilty
- Hancock County storage unit burglars sent to prison
- Accused burglar pleads not guilty in Freeborn County
- Accused stabber pleads guilty