MASON CITY, Iowa –The contents of a search warrant in the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit will remain off limits to the public for another year.
The Mason City Police Department filed the warrant in March 2017 for GPS date from a 1999 Honda Civic and a 2013 GMC 1500 that belonged to Arthur John Vansice Jr., 72.
The contents of the warrant were initially sealed. That seal was extended for one year in October 2017 and another one-year extension on the seal was filed on September 28.
When asked about the warrant in March, Mason City Police Chief Jeff Brinkley said he couldn’t discuss why they wanted the GPS information from the two vehicles in order to maintain the integrity of their investigation.
Huisentruit, a former anchor at KIMT, vanished on June 27, 1995.
- Seal extended on Huisentruit search warrant
- New developments in Huisentruit case
- Search warrant leads to multiple drug charges
- Billboards seek new clues to Huisentruit's 1995 disappearance
- Group gathers to remember Jodi Huisentruit on her 50th birthday
- Search warrant leads to felony drug arrest in Rochester
- Search warrants turn up drugs in two Floyd County locations
- Search warrant leads to 2 arrests in Mason City
- Search warrant executed as part of Charles City burglary investigation
- Search warrant leads to 2 arrests in Chickasaw Co.