WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — The partial collapse of a roof has forced classes to be canceled at a Waterloo elementary school.
Waterloo Community Schools Superintendent Jane Lindaman told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier that no one was injured when the roof section buckled Wednesday morning under the weight of snow at Lowell Elementary.
The district had canceled all classes Wednesday, but Lowell's students will be getting Thursday off as well.
Lindaman says the district had been monitoring and removing snow as needed, saying the overnight snow "certainly came heavier, and there was plenty of it."
She says district officials will know more Thursday about whether school can be held in the Lowell building Friday.
- School roof collapse creates another snow day for some Iowa kids
- Historic bridge roof collapsed
- Heavy snow collapses Minnesota State Fairgrounds barn roof
- Hancock County company dealing with collapsed roof
- Waterloo school where roof collapsed closing for rest of school year
- Roof snow cancels Thursday classes at Rochester elementary school
- Getting snow safely off your roof
- Part of shopping plaza roof caved in due to heavy snow on roof
- Minnesotans clear snow off roofs to protect homes
- Effects of the blizzard: Roof collapse in Mason City (with drone video)