GARNER, Iowa – The City of Garner says it has put out sand and sandbags for city and county residents.
City Administrator Randy Lansing says they haven’t experienced flooding like Forest City or Mason City but with more rain forecast for Monday night into Tuesday, the sand and sandbags are available at the old City Garage at 900 State Street.
Lansing says anyone wanting sand bags should bring a shovel to fill them and a pickup truck or trailer to transport them.
- Sand bags available in Garner
- Garner man arrested for meth
- Guilty plea in Garner arson
- Fine issued in Garner garage break in
- Ammonia plant to be built near Garner
- Not guilty plea in Garner arson case
- Garner man sentenced for stealing from grandparents
- Companies spreading sand in parking lots bear some liability
- Court to hear challenge to Winona County's sand mining ban
- Winona County frack sand ban upheld by appeals court