ROCHESTER, Minn. - The Salvation Army Winter Warming Center served a record number of people between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning: 38 people and two dogs. Due to the extreme conditions, the warming center is open 24 hours a day until Wednesday.
"This is something that's pretty new. This is my 3rd year with the salvation army and i've never seen them open 24 hours like this but if this is something that we need to do, we need to make sure that we're meeting the needs of the people that come to us for help," explains director of community engagement Rebecca Snapp.
"This is a good resource. I thank god for that. I thank god for that," says Jerry Foster, who stayed at the warming center Sunday night through Wednesday.
- Salvation Army Warming Center serves record number of people
- Salvation Army Warming Center Needs Volunteers
- The Salvation Army opens its warming center
- Salvation Army Warming Center open every night in March
- Rochester Salvation Army Warming Center ready for guests
- Salvation Army is opening its Rochester warming center
- 22 people sleep at Salvation Army warming center, more expected Tuesday night
- Donation to Salvation Army Adult Center
- Salvation Army hosts Christmas dinner
- Salvation Army Majors are retired