Photo Gallery 6 Images
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa – Hy-Vee is recalling six meat and potato products over concern about possible contamination.
The grocery store chain says its supplier, McCain Foods, announced it was recalling its caramelized mushrooms and fire-roasted tomatoes due to possible contamination by Salmonella and Listeria. Those ingredients are used in six products sold by Hy-Vee.
No illnesses have been reported but Hy-Vee says it is recalling the following items out of “an abundance of caution”:
- Hy-Vee Bacon Wrapped Cowgirl Chicken Grillers – 8 ounce each, UPC Code 023092600000
- Hy-Vee Fire Roasted Tomato, Spinach, Mozzarella Twice Baked Potato – 5 ounce each, UPC Code 023755400000
- Hy-Vee Cowgirl Chicken Griller Patty – 6 ounce each, UPC Code 023100200000
- Hy-Vee Gourmet Steakhouse Mushroom & Swiss Burger – 6 ounce each, UPC Code 023168400000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 2 ounce each, UPC Code 023164300000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 12 count, 30 ounces, UPC Code 023266600000
All these products have a “Best If Used By” date of Oct. 22, 2018, or sooner. Anyone who purchased any of these items should throw them away or return them for a full refund.
Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Symptoms of Salmonella infection include fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
Listeria can also cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Symptoms include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Consumers with questions may contact Hy-Vee Customer Care representatives 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-772-4098.
- Salmonella/Listeria fears prompt recall from Hy-Vee
- Recall issued for Hy-Vee Pasta Salad
- Hy-Vee recalling Asian meals due to label mistake
- Hy-Vee teaming up with Minnesota Timberwolves
- Hy-Vee helping to decrease opioid abuse
- Hy-Vee partners with Rochester Public Schools
- More discount medications available at Hy-Vee
- 4 types of Goldfish Crackers recalled, salmonella fears
- Melons recalled in Iowa, Minnesota due to salmonella fears
- Hy-Vee still considering major new development in Austin