AUSTIN, Minn. – A stolen safe is being investigated in Mower County.
The Austin Police Department says the safe was taken from the Hiawatha Bar on Sunday morning. An officer was patrolling in the area of the east side bar and was flagged down around 4 am by someone who said the west door of the bar was open and two men had been seen in the area.
A check of the bar found no one inside and a member of the staff arrived after the police search set off motion detectors inside the building. That’s when it was noticed that one of two safes in the bar was missing. Bar management says the safe held cash and checks.
Austin Police Chief Brian Krueger says a check of video from an exterior camera showed two men outside the Hiawatha bar around 3:15 pm. One was wearing a black jacket, striped shirt, and camouflage plants. The other was wearing a white shirt and white baseball cap.
Anyone with information on this theft is asked to contact the Mower County Law Enforcement Center at 507-437-9400.
- Safe stolen from Austin bar
- Guns reported stolen in Austin
- Five arrested after Austin bar fight
- Austin woman pleads guilty to bar assault
- Missing Austin teen found safe, father says
- Austin woman pleads not guilty in bar assault
- Austin teen arrested for stolen off-road vehicles
- Austin man arrested for stolen vehicle in Worth County.
- Pepsi products stolen in Austin truck break-in
- SAW: Austin soccer