MASON CITY, Iowa – Crews responded to a fire Tuesday morning on the outskirts of southeast Mason City.
The fire was reported a little after 7 am in the 5200 block of 11th Street SE, near the intersection with California Avenue. Two fire engines and two police vehicles were on the scene to deal with what appeared to be a fire in an outbuilding. Flames could be seen from hundreds of feet away and a pillar of smoke stretched into the sky.
Authorities say the property owner was burning an old barn and called the fire department when the flames started to get too close to a another building.
- Rural fire Tuesday morning in Cerro Gordo County
- Semi driver attacked in rural Cerro Gordo County speaks out
- Animal sanctuary planned in rural Cerro Gordo County
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation announces grants
- Cerro Gordo County's Senior Health Clinic rebrands
- Accident in Cerro Gordo County injures one
- Cerro Gordo County Auditor has resigned