KLEMME, Iowa - A couple in rural Hancock County is safe after their house caught fire Monday afternoon. But now, they are left trying to figure out how to get life back on track.
Around 5:30 p.m., fire crews from Klemme, Garner and Goodell, as well as Garner Ambulance and Hancock County Sheriffs, were called to a house owned by Bill and Jolene Bell on Yale Ave. near 160th St. east of Klemme.
Smoke was coming from a corner area on the west side of the house and got into the attic. Bill noticed it and tried to put out some of the blaze using a garden hose.
The Bells are waiting to speak with an insurance adjuster to talk about what steps would need to happen next. There is no word yet on total damage costs.
- Rural Klemme home damaged by fire
- Not guilty plea in Klemme drug arrest
- Man sentenced for Klemme drug arrest
- Klemme woman accused of vehicle purchase fraud
- Klemme man facing drug/gun charges
- Alden home damaged by fire
- Fire in rural Worth County
- Semi hits Belmond-Klemme school bus in Wright County
- Belmond-Klemme school bus driver commended for heroics after crash
- Klemme woman to stand trial for vehicle fraud