CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A man accused of stabbing his wife with a screwdriver is sentenced to jail.
Matthew John Stiles, 32 of Rudd, was arrested in July after his wife said he forced his way into their home and stabbed her in the back with a screwdriver. There was a no-contact order in place at the time.
Stiles was convicted after a two-day trial of trespass and domestic abuse assault, both simple misdemeanors. On Monday, he was ordered to spend a total of 45 days in jail. Stiles must also pay $265 in fines, restitution to his victim, and $1,950 in attorney fees. His sentence also requires him to complete a batterer’s treatment program.
- Rudd man sentenced to jail for attacking his wife
- Rudd woman sentenced for meth
- Rudd man convicted in screwdriver attack
- Rudd man accused of stabbing his wife with a screwdriver
- Rudd celebrating 150th birthday
- Bus/car crash near Rudd
- Osage man sentenced to jail
- Rudd man sentenced to life in prison for child sex abuse
- Rudd man accused of sex abuse turns himself in
- Rudd man gets prison for Mason City theft