CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A Rudd man accused of stabbing his wife with a screwdrivers is found guilty by a jury of his peers.
Matthew John Stiles, 32, was convicted Wednesday of trespass and domestic assault after a two-day trial in Floyd County District Court.
Stiles was arrested in July after his wife, who had a no-contact order against Stiles, says he forcefully entered her home, threw her to the ground, hit her in the head, and stabbed her in the back with a screwdriver.
Stiles is due to be sentenced on October 29.
- Rudd man convicted in screwdriver attack
- Rudd man accused of stabbing his wife with a screwdriver
- Not guilty plea in screwdriver attack
- Rudd man convicted of sex abuse in Chickasaw County
- Rudd celebrating 150th birthday
- Rudd man sentenced to jail for attacking his wife
- Plea entered in Freeborn County screwdriver stabbing
- Bus/car crash near Rudd
- Rudd woman sentenced for meth
- Rochester man convicted of attacking himself