NEW HAMPTON, Iowa – A Floyd County man has turned himself in on sexual abuse charges in Chickasaw County.
55-year-old David Edward Williams of Rudd was first arrested on June 20 and accused of 1st and 3rd degree sexual abuse and incest. Authorities say he committed sex acts on a girl in Alta Vista while she was 12 and 13 years old. The criminal complaint says the abuse began in May 2015 and continued into 2016.
Williams entered a not guilty plea on June 28 but court document say he became a fugitive in mid-August and failed to make any more court appearances.
The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Office says Williams turned himself in on Tuesday and is being held on $50,000 cash only bond.
- Rudd man accused of sex abuse turns himself in
- Rudd man convicted of sex abuse in Chickasaw County
- Rudd man sentenced to life in prison for child sex abuse
- Rudd man accused of stabbing his wife with a screwdriver
- Rudd man convicted in screwdriver attack
- Bus/car crash near Rudd
- Rudd woman sentenced for meth
- Austin man accused of child sex abuse
- UPDATE: Accused sex abuser back in Rochester
- Iowa teacher accused of student sex abuse