LANESBORO, Minn. - A solar field is under construction in Lanesboro. Alberta, Canada-based company BluEarth owns and operates the facility. The City of Lanesboro will purchase power generated by the solar field. It's a 20 year agreement.
"Tourism and forward thinking people, I think that Lanesboro really looks for things like this and gets excited about it," says superintendent of Lanesboro Public Utilities Jerod Wagner.
The facility will start creating power by June 1st. It's expected to power roughly 20% of the city.
- Solar energy secured in Lanesboro for the next 20 years
- Charging up in Lanesboro
- DMC's August Sustainability Series Highlights solar energy
- Lanesboro man in Winona crash
- Lanesboro Ambulance Service needs volunteers
- Finding new housing options in Lanesboro
- One injured in car/truck crash west of Lanesboro
- Moratorium put on Lanesboro Wastewater Treatment Facility plan
- Lanesboro woman hurt in weekend crash in NE Iowa
- Minnesota Senate Capital Investment Committee makes stop in Lanesboro