ROSE CREEK, Minn. --
"I just hope that they reconsider on it and leave it here. If they don't, well, it's a mistake that I think they've made and we'll be the ones that will have to pay for it."
On Monday, the Southland School Board voted to close Southland Elementary School in Rose Creek.
Long-time Rose Creek resident Fred Ulven attended Southland Elementary School as a child, and so did his children and grandchildren.
He thinks the decision to close the school is rushed.
"Time will tell. We'll see what happens," says Ulven.
The elementary school students are expected to move to the combined middle and high school building in Adams for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Rose Creek residents concerned about the decision to close Southland Elementary
- Southland teen raises PTSD Awareness
- Southland School District voting on bond referendum
- Referendum passes for Southland School District
- Folwell elementary students build friendships with Bear Creek residents
- Rose Creek toddler halfway to fundraising goal
- Southland High School students collect blood for scholarships
- Tamiflu side effects concern residents
- Residents raise ice safety concern
- Rose Creek woman pleads not guilty to credit card fraud