MASON CITY, Iowa- People in North Iowa are still picking up the pieces after Saturday’s devastating storm and now roofing companies are getting swamped by the amount of calls coming in.
Ernie Martinez, the owner of Mason city Roofing, says the size of the storms over the weekend surprised even him who makes a living off repairing the damage.
Martinez says he is getting calls about repairing siding, roofs and gutters, but he says there are a lot of people walking around who might not be qualified for the job.
“Our busiest thing is the trees falling through the roofs and doing temporary repairs until the insurance companies come,” said Martinez. “We are just telling people don't panic. Be careful who you hire and make sure they have comp and liability insurance. Everybody who has a ladder in their truck is out trying to get the business ... you have to be careful on that.”
- Roofing companies swamped with business after storms
- Hancock County company dealing with collapsed roof
- Roofing companies continue to help homeowners fight off winter damage
- Area tow companies find themselves busy after winter storm
- Historic bridge roof collapsed
- Longtime Iowa sportscaster killed as rain swamps Des Moines
- Double take: Mason City business creates a stir with lifelike dummy hanging from roof
- Warm weather could lead to roof issues
- Getting snow safely off your roof
- Manly company named Iowa's Business of the Month