ROCHESTER, Minn.-Rochester community members got a chance to leave their mark on the Ronald McDonald house.
Earlier this month, people signed a structural beam and today it's being put in place.
Guests and staff signed the beam, leaving messages of hope and love.
Today that beam is being added to the new 30 room expansion at the Ronald McDonald house. Peggy Elliott works at the Ronald McDonald house. She's excited that the final structure is being installed.
“We have been turning away thousands of in the past number of years so we are so excited that we're going to indeed be able to help more families,” said Elliott.
The project is expected to be completed in May of next year.
- Ronald McDonald house expansion
- Signing Opportunity: Ronald McDonald House Expansion Project
- Ronald McDonald House breaking ground
- Ronald McDonald House reaches out for support
- Delivering hope to Ronald McDonald House
- Rochester Ronald McDonald House expansion makes it largest in Minnesota, 11th-biggest in country
- Ronald McDonald House looking for 'House Dinner Heroes'
- Rochester moms and Ronald Mcdonald House help families in need
- Rochester moms 'give joy' at the Ronald McDonald House
- Family of young man receiving treatment at Mayo bring donations to Ronald McDonald House