ROCHESTER, Minn.- The Ronald McDonald told KIMT News 3 over the last couple years, the house has had to turn away thousands of families because limited space. Now they’re hoping to change that, the Ronald McDonald house is celebrating raising over 13.2 million dollars to expand their building.
The plan is to expand the building to make room for more families. Adding 30 more rooms for families to stay. We spoke to a current resident at the house, Emerson Brown.
The young Iowa girl is currently battling leukemia.
Her family has been in Rochester since March 2, when Brown was diagnosed with the disease.
"I'm so grateful for this, it really helps out families," said Brown's mom, Kelly Patterson.
Construction for the new project is expected to last a year.
- Ronald McDonald House breaking ground
- Ronald McDonald house expansion
- Signing Opportunity: Ronald McDonald House Expansion Project
- Ronald McDonald House reaches out for support
- Delivering hope to Ronald McDonald House
- Ronald McDonald House looking for 'House Dinner Heroes'
- Rochester moms and Ronald Mcdonald House help families in need
- New Operations Director named for Ronald McDonald House
- Rochester moms 'give joy' at the Ronald McDonald House
- First-of-its-kind donation to Rochester Ronald McDonald House