ROCHESTER, Minn. - The Ronald McDonald House's new addition is about a month away from its grand opening. Shortly after that construction is complete, renovations to parts of the existing building will begin to make room for additional families. During a four month renovation period, the community room and kitchen, where meals are prepared and served to families, will be unusable.
To help meet families needs while their children are being treated at the Mayo Clinic, the Ronald McDonald House is asking people to donate money to purchase catered and grab-and-go meals for the families. Their goal is to raise $20,000 to offer these meals at least twice a week.
"These families have spent 10 hours at the hospital. The last thing they need to do is think about, 'what am I gonna have for dinner?'" says long-time volunteer Karen Manthey.
The kitchen and community room are expected to be open again by the end of September.
Click here for Ronald McDonald House's fundraiser page.
- Ronald McDonald House looking for 'House Dinner Heroes'
- Ronald McDonald house expansion
- Ronald McDonald House breaking ground
- Signing Opportunity: Ronald McDonald House Expansion Project
- Ronald McDonald House reaches out for support
- Delivering hope to Ronald McDonald House
- Rochester moms and Ronald Mcdonald House help families in need
- Rochester moms 'give joy' at the Ronald McDonald House
- First-of-its-kind donation to Rochester Ronald McDonald House
- New Operations Director named for Ronald McDonald House