ROCKWELL, Iowa – Authorities are investigating what’s being called a “suspicious” death in Rockwell.
Rockwell police and EMTs, the Mason City Fire Department, and the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office were called to the 200 block of East Main Street just after 4 pm Wednesday. They say they arrived to find a deceased male.
Sheriff Kevin Pals tells KIMT the death was not caused by blunt force trauma or foul play but is considered suspicious. The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation has been called in to examine the situation and an autopsy will be conducted to find out the cause of death.
The name of the person who died has not been released.
- Rockwell death under investigation
- Rockwell native sets powerlifting records
- Update: Authorities ID man found deceased at Rockwell residence as death investigation continues
- Rockwell discusses emergency disaster plan during mock scenario exercise
- Pit bull ban brings dozens to Rockwell City Council meeting
- Update: Mason City man found deceased in Rockwell grain bin
- UPDATE: Rockwell man killed in Thursday morning collision
- Special election in Rockwell - Worley elected as new council membe
- Sheldon death investigation
- Authorities investigate suspicious death of Iowa hunter