The Rockford high school baseball and softball complex was severly damaged in Saturday's storm with 75mph straight-lined winds. Fencing, bleachers, batting cages, stadium lights, and the concession stand shed was destroyed. Here is the statement from Rockford released Sunday:
The Rockford School District is asking people to stay away from the school.
Significant damage was reported to many structures, the school posted on social media that “for the safety of everyone, please stay away from the school until further notice. When people are needed for clean-up efforts, another message will go out at that time.”
The school will be closed Monday and until further notice.
“The school took considerable damage from last night’s storm. There was no structural damage to the school, but did lose many trees. The baseball/softball complex and playground took the brunt of the storm,” the school said.
- Rockford baseball and softball complex gets brunt of storm
- Charles City Schools raising money for new baseball/softball complex
- Alternate site for Charles City baseball/softball complex being discussed
- Rockford still cleaning up after storm
- SAW: Rockford's Zach Bushbaum
- SAW: Rockford's Marissa Norby
- Rockford man in Minnesota crash
- Federal prison for Rockford man
- Countdown to Kickoff: Rockford Warriors
- Experienced Rockford squad starting out strong