ROCHESTER, Minn. – The Salvation Army is closing its remaining Thrift Store and Donation Center in Rochester.
With the closure of the adjacent Kmart, the sublease for the Salvation Army store at 201 9th Street SE has been terminated. It will close on September 28 but will continue to sell existing merchandise and honor store vouchers until then.
The Salvation Army store at 4921 West Frontage road closed on July 31, also because its lease expired.
Major Robert Mueller says they want to operate a store in Rochester but, after these two closures, are looking to own a building and not lease. He says they’ll go back to the drawing board and hope to decide on a course of action by early 2020.
The Salvation Army issued a statement says it is “very grateful to the patrons of this store and to those who have generously donated merchandise” and “remains deeply committed to meeting the needs of our community to the best of its ability.”
- Rochester's only Salvation Army store is closing
- Salvation Army closing a Rochester location
- Rochester Salvation Army serves close to 200 Christmas meals
- Salvation Army store closing early for second straight day in Rochester
- Rochester Salvation Army celebrates Majors retiring
- Rochester Salvation Army preps for holiday season
- Rochester Salvation Army Community Coat Drive distribution
- Salvation Army hosts Christmas dinner
- Salvation Army Majors are retired
- Salvation Army opens hair salon