ROCHESTER, Minn. - The City Council voted to approve the next Fire Chief to be Battalion Chief Eric Kerska.
Kerska served in the Army for 32 years, has been with the Rochester Fire Department since 1994, and was also a captain. Leadership and holding a team together is nothing new for him.
The Rochester City Council spoke fondly of Kerska before approving him to take over as Fire Chief following the retirement of current Chief, Greg Martin at the end of June.
Kerska was one of the final two candidates, along with Deputy Chief R. Vance Swisher. The Commission says its recommendation "is based upon the applicant that aligned with the competencies required to be successful in this position."
- Rochester's next Fire Chief is...
- New fire chief take over this week in Rochester
- Interim police chief named in Rochester
- Rochester police chief candidate removed from consideration
- Franklin named Rochester's new police chief
- Kitchen fire in Rochester
- Shots fired in Rochester
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- Small fire in Rochester house
- Small kitchen fire in Rochester