ROCHESTER, Minn. – Rochesterfest had its annual “Button Kickoff” Wednesday.
It’s tradition for Mayor Ardell Brede to buy the first Rochesterfest button. Organizers try to sell the buttons to get a head start on costs.
Brede said events like this are meaningful as it’s his last one as mayor.
“[I’m] becoming a little nostalgic and getting a little choked up and stuff like that,” Brede said, “but this is a great event.”
This year’s theme is “Rochesterfest: The Super Celebration.” It will go from June 16-24 at Soldiers Field Park.
- Rochesterfest has annual 'Button Kickoff'
- RochesterFest button design winner
- Rochesterfest Growth
- Celebrating pets at Rochesterfest
- Rainy Rochesterfest impacts food vendors
- Mark Williamson wins Rochesterfest Shootout
- Rochesterfest announces theme and chairperson
- The Rochesterfest Grand Parade is back again
- Rochesterfest Midday Theme: "The Magic of Art"