ROCHESTER, Minn. - A Rochester teen is facing several charges for stealing a vehicle.
The 17-year-old was arrested Tuesday evening. He is charged with felony motor vehicle theft, fleeing on foot, criminal vehicular operation, and reckless driving.
Police say the teen admitted to stealing a 2019 Chevy Equinox from the 100 block of West Center Street on Monday. The owner left her key fob in the car and the doors were unlocked.
Police say the teen also admitted to stealing a 2019 Ford Raptor from 2nd St. SW on August 11th. They say the teen has a history of stealing cars that are parked, unlocked with keys in them.
- Rochester teen arrested for stealing vehicle, leading authorities on pursuit
- Austin police: Boy, 13, steals vehicle, leads authorities on pursuit
- Southern MN authorities: Man allegedly led authorities on pursuit before stealing vehicle
- Rochester police searching for man wanted for stealing vehicle, fleeing after pursuit
- Chatfield man arrested after dangerous Rochester pursuit
- Police: Pursuit in Rochester ends without arrest but ID located in vehicle
- Police: With unsecured infant in vehicle, man leads authorities on multi-county pursuit in Olmsted, Mower counties
- Rochester man accused of stealing vehicle, money from residence
- Boy, 16, accused of stealing vehicle from Rochester woman
- Man arrested after allegedly stealing car, leading authorities on high-speed chase