ROCHESTER, Minn. – An Austin man is going to prison after engaging in a near four-hour standoff with Rochester police.
38-year-old Jessie Lynn Devriendt was arrested a little before midnight on June 26. Officers were called to a domestic incident at Sutton Place Apartments. As they tried to enter one of the units, police say Devriendt claimed he had a gun and threatened to shoot them.
Officers say Devriendt also broke windows, barricaded the door, threw items out of the window, and threatened to set fire to the building.
An emergency response crisis negotiation team was called in and Devriendt eventually surrendered.
He pleaded guilty to domestic assault by strangulation and was sentenced Monday to 39 months in prison, with credit for 162 days already served, and must pay a total of $3,965.02 in restitution.
- Rochester standoff sends Austin man to prison
- Fourth conviction sending Austin man to prison
- Fleeing police sends Austin man to prison
- Meth sending Austin man to prison
- Meth and a gun send Austin man to prison
- $100,000 Austin drug bust sends one man to prison
- Tax fraud sending Rochester woman to prison
- Meth sends Rochester woman to prison
- Prison sentence for Rochester man
- Dodge County threat sending man to prison