ROCHESTER, Minn. – Police say a woman was sexually assaulted late Monday night or Tuesday morning after she and a man accepted a ride home from a bar from a stranger.
Police said a male and female were intoxicated when they accepted a ride home around 11 p.m. from a man who took the couple off their desired path home.
The suspect claimed police were behind him therefore he took a different route. However, police said the suspect pulled into a dark area behind the Holiday gas station on 4th St. SE before threatening the male with a tire iron and telling him to get out of the vehicle.
The male complied, police said, and the suspect drove away with the female before allegedly sexually assaulting her. The woman was dropped off around 2 a.m. at the gas station.
Police said they have an idea who the suspect is, and a person was interviewed Tuesday morning.
The female was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital.
- Rochester police: Woman sexually assaulted after couple accepts ride home from bar
- Update: Man arrested for allegedly sexually abusing woman after giving couple ride home from bar
- Police: Woman assaulted riding her bike in downtown Rochester
- Rochester man sentenced for second bar assault
- Austin woman pleads guilty to bar assault
- Man charged with sexual assault in Rochester
- Authorities: Woman robbed, assaulted in Rochester while walking home
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Rochester woman treated after apartment complex assault
- Woman sentenced for assaulting a Rochester police officer