ROCHESTER, Minn. - Police say the two people found dead Monday afternoon have been identified as Gary Raymond Pearson, 61, and his son Maxwell Artem Pearson, 18.
Previous story below
ROCHESTER, Minn. - Rochester police revealed more information Tuesday about a potential murder-suicide at a property on the city’s northwest side.
Police said bodies belonging to an 18-year-old male and a 61-year-old male - a father and son - were found after the boy’s mother came home and discovered her son deceased.
After calling 911, the father was located in a different area of the property, police said Tuesday.
“It appears that way, to be a murder-suicide, but it is an open investigation,” Capt. Casey Moilanen said during a Tuesday morning press briefing.
Autopsies are scheduled for Tuesday.
Both individuals died from gunshot wounds and at least one gun was recovered at the scene, authorities said.
No neighbors reported hearing any gunshots coming from the home in the 1500 block of 8th Ave. NW.
This would be Olmsted County's second homicide of 2019. Garad Roble was killed in March of this year after being shot on an Olmsted County road.
Ayub Abucar Hagi Iman, 23, has been charged in Roble’s death.
- Names released in possible Rochester murder/suicide
- Police: Possible murder-suicide in Rochester
- Police: Evidence indicates Rochester teen killed father in murder-suicide
- Name released of man killed in Rochester 2-vehicle crash
- Central Iowa family massacre ruled murder/suicide
- Rochester murder trial is postponed
- Rochester murder trial is rescheduled
- Murder trial delayed in Rochester
- UPDATE: Name released in officer-involved shooting
- Name released in fatal Winona crash