OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – A vehicle sustained more than $1,500 in damage after it stopped on the roadway because of a pedestrian before the man allegedly began punching the truck.
Andrew Swanson, 37, was arrested while sitting in a backyard chair Tuesday afternoon and is facing a first-degree criminal damage of property charge.
Rochester police said it happened at 3:14 p.m. Tuesday at 14th St. NW east of Broadway Ave.
The victim was in a 2012 Chevy Silverado when Swanson allegedly was in the lane of traffic. Police say he jumped on the hood and began punching before getting off that vehicle and yelling at another person in a vehicle.
After running from police, Swanson was found in a nearby backyard.
- Rochester police: Man standing in road stops traffic, punches truck
- Rochester Police: Traffic stop leads to man facing drug charges
- Man sentenced for punching a Rochester police officer
- Not guilty plea in Rochester traffic stop
- Drug bust after Rochester traffic stop
- Police: Pistol, meth, scale located after Rochester traffic stop
- Traffic stop leads to felony drug charges for Rochester man
- Traffic stop leads to drug charges against Rochester man
- Traffic stop in Rochester leads to man facing drug charges
- Rochester man pleads not guilty in meth traffic stop