ROCHESTER, Minn. – Green stickers are now on 1,500 parking meters in Rochester. It seems like a small addition, but it’s actually making a big change.
The decals indicate meters where people can now pay for parking on the app, ParkMobile.
Parking regulations like time limits are staying the same. But, instead of running back to fill a meter, people who pay with the app can simply add more time from their phone.
It’s not only changing how people pay for parking, but it’s also changing how parking is enforced.
“The app does not ‘talk’ to the meter,” Nick Lemmer, with Rochester’s Parking and Transit Division, said. “When someone pays using ParkMobile, the meter itself will still read ‘expired.’ Enforcement officers are now scanning each zone for ParkMobile payments and will not automatically ticket vehicles at expired meters.”
ParkMobile is free to download.
For videos on how to set up and use the app, click here.
- Rochester parking meters can now be paid on app
- Changes to parking meters in Rochester
- Some Parking Meters Closed in Rochester Due To Snow Removal
- Rochester's parking app shows positive progress
- Rochester parent creates app for other parents
- Rochester students win money for phone app
- Rochester seasonal parking requirements
- Rochester parks department announces new park
- Changes to parking in Rochester
- Rochester to Implement Seasonal Parking