ROCHESTER, Minnesota -- It's not the winter months but some are gearing up for the ski season.
Rochester native and Lourdes grab Ian Torchia is an NCAA champion and Olympic Trials qualifier. He was back in the Med City today teaching locals about the sport and the conditioning and diet that goes along with it.
Although it's the summer, Torchia said training during this season is just as important as it is in the winter.
"Winter skiiers are made in the summer and there's really not much of a big difference between summer training and winter results," Torchia said. "There's a really strong correlation and I hope this inspires them to get out there and get training this summer and go kick some butt."
- Rochester native and Olympic Trials qualifier teaches nordic skiing at Quarry Hill
- Hitting the slopes with the Rochester Nordic Ski team
- Rochester native has Olympic dreams
- Another indecent exposure report at Quarry Hill
- North Iowan Toppin qualifies for Olympic Time Trials
- Quarry Hill Nature Center re-opens its exploration hall's doors
- Police: Vandals strike with graffiti at Quarry Hill Park - again
- Stussy Quarry proposing to expand
- Trial set in Rochester shooting
- Trial set in Rochester robbery