ROCHESTER, Minn. – A murder trial is on schedule to begin Monday.
Alexander William Weiss, 26 of Rochester, is accused of 2nd degree murder for the fatal shooting of Muhammed Rahim. Rochester police say Weiss shot and killed Rahim after a January 14, 2018, auto accident between the two men.
Weiss has filed court documents arguing the shooting was in self-defense.
A pre-trial hearing took place Thursday morning in Olmsted County District Court. The trial is set to begin Monday at 9 am.
- Rochester murder trial set to begin Monday
- Trial date set in Rochester murder
- Trial set in Rochester attempted murder case
- Trial set in Rochester shooting
- Trial set in Rochester robbery
- Trial set in Rochester gunfire
- Rochester murder trial is postponed
- Rochester murder trial is rescheduled
- Murder trial delayed in Rochester
- Trial set in Rochester gun threat