ROCHESTER, Minn. - One Rochester mom is showing kindness to students who allegedly pulled a mean prank on her daughter.
Danielle Teal said two students put ink in her daughter's hair at school. Despite an initial defensive reaction, Teal responded with kindness.
She bought treats for the classroom and two bouquets of flowers for the students who allegedly did the act.
"The best way I feel like I can honor my own children is to continue to promote kindness because I do believe that that does have long-lasting, sustaining, positive change," she said.
Teal shared her experience in a video on Facebook, the video getting over 2,000 views. She hopes it inspires others to also respond to negativity with grace.
"There's still accountability with what has happened, but I think if we share grace and show kindness, it will be emulated," she said.
Teal said the prinicpal of the school her daughter attends told her the students were taken aback by the family's response and were appreciative of the kindness.
- Rochester mom responds to mean prank with kindness
- Kindness Rocks
- Random Acts of Kindness Day in Rochester
- Kindness is Powerful
- Kindness in Chalk Day
- First-of-its-kind donation to Rochester Ronald McDonald House
- Iowa seniors may be barred from graduation following prank
- How Rochester is responding to immigration sweeps
- Rochester moms and Ronald Mcdonald House help families in need
- Rochester moms 'give joy' at the Ronald McDonald House