ROCHESTER, Minn. – A Rochester man has plenty to celebrate in the New Year.
According to the Minnesota Lottery, Brent Nelson, a Rochester resident, won $200,000 on a scratch ticket.
“I was in awe, it didn’t really kick in until later,” Nelson said.
Nelson won the prize by playing the Lottery’s Super Triple 10s scratch game. He bought the ticket at Mills Gas Mart at 4835 Maine Ave. S.E. in Rochester. He claimed the prize Jan. 3.
According to a press release, his wife, Elise Nelson said that their main concern was finding a safe place to put the ticket that would be out of their dog’s reach. “We have a two-year old Chihuahua that ate through our Christmas lights. [The dog chewing up the ticket] would have been a disaster.”
- Rochester man wins $200K on scratch ticket
- Iowa man wins 2nd six-figure lottery scratch-off ticket prize
- Cerro Gordo Co. man gets winning lottery scratch game
- Iowa man must pay back store, lottery for scratch ticket theft
- Sales halted for Iowa Lottery scratch game
- Iowa bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $200K from churches
- Mason City moving forward with $200K brick paving project
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in New Hampshire
- Time running out to claim prizes in five scratch games
- New 'scratch and sniff' stamps at U.S. Postal Service