ROCHESTER, Minn. – A Rochester man who was convicted of murder is facing charges after he allegedly dumped sugar into the vehicle of a gas tank belonging to his ex-girlfriend.
Mark Huyber, 46, was arrested while working at construction job at 1st St. SE and 1st Ave. SE. on Monday after fleeing and being tackled by a construction foreman.
Huyber is facing a charge of second-degree burglary with more charges possible.
Police arrested Huyber after he was seen on video surveillance buying sugar at a Kwik Trip near the victim’s residence.
A gas line was also cut at the residence but Huyber denied that, police said.
- Rochester man who served time for murder facing felony burglary charge
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges
- Stewartville man facing felony drug charge
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Man facing 1st-degree burglary charge after overnight incident in Rochester
- Rochester teen facing felony charge after bait-and-switch robbery
- Man facing burglary charge in Austin
- Police: Mason City man facing 3 felony burglary charges for breaking into storage units
- Man facing felony burglary charge for incident in rural Cerro Gordo county
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges