ROCHESTER, Minn. – One of the men police say was caught with six pounds of marijuana is pleading guilty.
30-year-old Rodney Darrell Salter and 30-year-old Quran Khalifa Mashawn Bennett, both of Rochester, were arrested on January 24 after an off-duty police officer recognized Salter driving south on Highway 52 near Pine Island. There was a warrant out for Salter for fleeing police and possession of marijuana.
Police say a search of the vehicle found six one-pound bags of marijuana in the trunk. Bennett was a passenger in the vehicle.
Salter entered a guilty plea Friday to 5th degree sale of marijuana and was sentenced to one year and nine months in prison, with credit for 16 days already served.
Bennett has not yet entered a plea to charges of 5th degree drug sale and 5th degree drug possession.
- Rochester man sentenced to prison for marijuana
- Prison sentence for Rochester man
- Rochester man sentenced for marijuana possession
- Prison sentence for Rochester meth dealer
- Rochester meth dealer sentenced to prison
- Rochester drug dealer sentenced to prison
- Prison sentence for Owatonna man
- Rochester man sentenced for holding two women prisoner
- Prison sentence after man steals Rochester police car
- Homeless man gets prison sentence for attacking Rochester woman