ROCHESTER, Minn. – One man is sentenced for an 80 mile per hour chase that ended in a crash near RCTC.
Rath An, 42 of Rochester, pleaded guilty to 3rd degree drug possession and has been ordered to spend three years and three months in prison, with credit for 204 days already served.
An was a passenger in a vehicle driven by Jimmy Douangmychit, 29 of Rochester, that police say led them on a chase on May 3 before winding up in a ditch. Officers say methamphetamine and marijuana was found in the vehicle.
Douangmychit has pleaded not guilty to two counts of 5th degree drug possession, fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle, and DWI. His trial is scheduled to begin on January 13, 2020.
- Rochester man sentenced after 80 mph pursuit
- Cresco man sentenced for 100+ mph pursuit
- Two arrested at gunpoint in Rochester after pursuit reached speeds of 80 mph on city streets
- Trials set in 80 mph chase through Rochester
- Trial set in 120 mph pursuit
- Not guilty plea in 150 mph pursuit
- Trial set for 100 mph pursuit in Floyd County
- Sheriff: NE Iowa motorcycle pursuit reached 127 mph
- Chatfield man arrested after dangerous Rochester pursuit
- Man sentenced for 100+ mph chase through Rocester