ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man accused of a sexual assault in Oronoco is pleading not guilty.
Sharif Abbas Elkarib, 28 of Rochester, is charged with 1st degree, 2nd degree, and two counts of 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct. According to the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office, a woman says Elkarib sexually assaulted her in her mobile home on April 20, 2018.
Court documents state that Elkarib admitted to investigators that he met the woman that day but denied having any physical contact with her and provided them with a DNA sample. Law enforcement says Elkarib’s DNA was then matched to samples taken from the victim during a sexual assault exam.
His trial is set to begin on September 16.
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to Oronoco sexual assault
- Homeless man pleads guilty to Rochester assault
- Rochester man pleads guilty to domestic assault
- Guilty plea in Oronoco burglary
- Man hospitalized after Oronoco crash
- Winona man pleads guilty to Wisconsin sexual assault
- Rochester man pleads guilty to burglary and assault
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to drug and assault crimes
- Rochester man pleads guilty to assault and robbery
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to assaulting his father