ROCHESTER, Minn. - A 35-year-old is facing charges of theft of a motor vehicle and second-degree burglary despite saying it was a misunderstanding.
Shoua Yang, was arrested after a burglary report Thursday in the 5900 block of Lloyd St. NW.
The resident had gone on vacation and returned to find the house had been occupied and $300 in change and small bills was taken from piggy banks.
At 2:57 p.m. Thursday, there was a report the suspect was at the residence. Yang said it was cold out and needed a place to stay. He said he took the money with the intention to replace it after going to the casino or using his tax return to replace it.
- Rochester man accused of stealing vehicle, money from residence
- Rochester man accused of stealing motorcycle
- Rochester man accused of stealing a car
- Boy, 16, accused of stealing vehicle from Rochester woman
- Police: Man found breaking into Rochester car dealership, accused of stealing vehicle titles
- Byron man accused of choking his sister, stealing her vehicle
- Police: Rochester man accused of stealing from trailer court office
- Rochester teen arrested for stealing vehicle, leading authorities on pursuit
- Rochester man sentenced for stealing a gun
- SE MN father accused of stealing money from his son