ROCHESTER, Minn. - A father has been accused of whipping his daughter with a belt after she allegedly took her cell phone to school when she wasn’t supposed to.
Steve Johnson, 38, of Rochester, is facing charges of malicious punishment of a child and domestic assault in connection to an alleged incident Monday night.
The 14-year-old girl was awoken by her father hitting her with a belt around her thigh and buttocks at around 8 p.m. in the 400 block of 10th Ave. SE, police said.
The teen was hit 14 times with the belt, authorities said, and Johnson allegedly said he was going to look for a wire switch to continue hitting the teen.
Johnson was arrested Tuesday afternoon at McNeilus in Dodge Center.
- Rochester father arrested for allegedly hitting daughter with belt due to cell phone usage
- Rochester woman accused of stealing cell phones, selling drugs
- Cell phone reminder from Worth County Sheriff
- "Hands Free" cell phone bill advances
- Rochester police: Dispute over cell phone leads to knife, machete threat
- Father and daughter reconnect after 50 years
- UPDATE: Charges dismissed in fist fight over cell phone
- Iowa governor supports banning cell phone use while driving
- Cell phones accidentally dialing 911 on the rise in Iowa
- 2 Rochester teens arrested after allegedly fighting with police