ROCHESTER, Minn. - Rain damage is closing the eastbound lane of 2nd Street SW between 14th Avenue and 15th Avenue.
Rochester Public Works says heavy rains Tuesday damaged the Berkman Apartments construction site and the lane is being closed to allow the contractor to make repairs.
A temporary curb is being installed and the lane will reopen once city officials confirm it is safe for traffic.
One eastbound lane on 2nd Street SW remains open.
Previous story below
ROCHESTER, Minn. – A construction site has partially caved in.
It happened Tuesday evening in the 1400 block of 2nd Street SW in Rochester, near the McDonald’s.
Police say the sand/gravel was washed away by heavy rain, causing the cement barricades around the site to sink. The gravel was also washed out from underneath a 15 foot long section of the road. With the sinking of the barricades, water flowed into the construction site.
Rochester Public Works is blocking off the southern most lane of traffic for safety reasons.
- UPDATE: Construction site cave in closes lane of traffic in Rochester
- Debris fire Monday at Rochester construction site
- Construction closing Rochester intersection on Tuesday
- Cave-in kills owner of construction company
- Authorities investigating another theft from Rochester construction site
- Around $10K worth of tools stolen from Rochester construction site
- Bridge maintenance closing lane and trail on Rochester
- Accident slows traffic in Rochester
- Rochester Kmart to close
- UPDATE: Traffic accident on Highway 52 in Rochester