ROCHESTER, Minn. - Rochester city councilman Michael Wojick needed medical attention after being involved in a car-bicycle accident Thursday.
Police said he was riding a bike eastbound on 6th St. SE when a vehicle traveling southbound on 8th Ave. did not see Wojick. Wojick’s bike ran into the left side of the vehicle.
The vehicle was dented and had a broken window and mirror.
Wojick, who was taken to St. Marys Hospital, was wearing a helmet.
The driver, 61-year-old Michael Francis, of Chatfield, was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
- Rochester city councilman hospitalized after vehicle-bike collision
- Rochester woman hospitalized after two-vehicle collision
- Multi-vehicle collision in Rochester
- Four-vehicle collision in Rochester
- Surveillance video captures vehicle vs. bike collision in Mason City
- Two-vehicle collision in Rochester sends two to the hospital
- Two-vehicle collision south of Charles City
- Five-vehicle collision in Mason City
- Vehicle flips in Mason City collision
- Rochester Bike Summit 2018