ROCHESTER, Minn.- Three candidates for position two on the Rochester School Board and three candidates for position six gathered at the Rochester Public Library on Monday night to sit in front of the community and answer a chosen set of questions, but also questions which community members wrote on cards as the forum went on.
One hot topic, discipline disparities in the district. All candidates for both positions were asked a question about disparities found in a previous study. Other questions involved what each candidate thought were main duties of a school board member, and how they aim to engage students and teachers more with the board.
To watch the entire debate, click here.
- Rochester Public School Board candidate forum
- Rochester mayoral candidate forum
- Rochester City Council Ward 1 Candidate Forum
- MNDot hosts public forum
- Rochester Public Schools Q&A
- Public forum features candidates for Austin City Council positions
- Rochester Public School Board learns results of discipline data
- Celebrating Rochester Public Library
- Rochester Public School Board votes to make Longfellow Elementary a "neighborhood" school
- Rochester City Council Ward 3 forum