ROCHESTER, Minn. – A 28-year-old male said he was robbed after meeting a man while drinking downtown.
Police said the male was in the area of Premier Bank in the 400 block of 1st Ave. SW.
According to the victim, he and the black male were having a conversation about smoking marijuana and left the bar.
The victim said the male kept following him and at one point the suspect said he had a handgun and threatened the victim to withdraw money from an ATM.
The victim withdrew a small amount of cash and handed it to the suspect before being pushed to the ground. He was then punched and kicked, according to police.
No arrest has been made.
- Rochester Police: Man forced to withdraw money from ATM before being kicked, punched
- Rochester police: Man standing in road stops traffic, punches truck
- Man sentenced for punching a Rochester police officer
- My Money Monday, May 21: Protecting yourself from ATM fraud
- Rochester Police kick off new voucher program
- Man arrested for allegedly punching girlfriend at Rochester bar
- Police: Rochester man violates NCO, forces way into woman's house
- Rochester police: Man arrested for allegedly punching woman who labeled him a snitch
- Man pleads guilty to punching a police officer
- Rochester Mayor kick off EarthFest 2018