ROCHESTER, Minn. – The Rochester Honkers are going through a change of ownership.
Dan LItzinger and Kim Archer, the team’s owners since 2003, have released the team to Bases Loaded Entertainment, LLC.
Tuesday night, the Rochester Parks & Recreation board met to approve the transfer of the Honker’s lease at Mayo Field.
Ben Boldt, Rochester Recreation Supervisor, told KIMT he expects to see much of the same thing – meaning the number of games will remain the same. The only difference is the new owners will oversee team operations.
Taking over the Honkers will mark it as the third team in the Northwoods League under the Bases Loaded Entertainment ownership. The company also owns the Mankato MoonDogs and the La Crosse Loggers.
- Rochester Honkers under new ownership.
- Rochester Honkers look to improve the overall fan experience.
- Rochester Honkers open 2019 season with a victory
- Three Honkers named to Major League showcase
- Apollo Liquor under new ownership
- Millennials' home ownership rate decreasing
- Honkers seek revenge after blowout loss in Duluth
- Korean War Veteran throws first pitch at Honkers Baseball game
- Probation for Rochester man
- #GIVINGTUESDAY comes to Rochester