MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin – The owner of Younkers and Herberger’s is confirming that all its locations will be closing.
The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. underwent and court-ordered bankruptcy auction and the company’s assets have been sold off. Younkers has locations in Mason city and Austin, while Herberger’s has stores in Albert Lea and Rochester.
“While we are disappointed by this outcome and tried very hard to identify bidders interested in operating the business as a going concern,” says Bon-Ton President and CEO Bill Tracy, “we are committed to working constructively with the winning bidder to ensure an orderly wind-down of operations that minimizes the impact of this development on our associates, customers, vendors and the communities we serve. We are incredibly grateful to all of our associates for their dedicated service to Bon-Ton and to our millions of loyal customers who we have had the pleasure to serve as their hometown store for more than 160 years.”
Bon-Ton says its stores will remain open while undergoing closing sales.
- Rochester, Austin, and Albert Lea to be affected by Bon-Ton bankruptcy
- Albert Lea man arrested in Austin
- Albert Lea man sentenced for Austin chase
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Austin men to stand trial for Albert Lea robbery
- Max match for Red Kettles in Albert Lea and Austin
- Mayo opening Saturday clinics in Austin and Albert Lea
- Austin man pleads not guilty to Albert Lea sex assault
- Albert Lea man pleads not guilty in Austin pursuit
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting