ST. PAUL, Minn. – The Minnesota State Board of Trustees is honoring a faculty member at Riverland Community College.
An award for “Excellence in Teaching” has been given to cosmetology instructor Rhonda Besel.
“Ms. Besel consistently demonstrates excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarship,” said Adenuga Atewologun, president of Riverland Community College. “Her commitment to student learning is exceptional; she creates a positive and open environment in and out of the classroom; and continuously researches, experiments, and develops best practices to engage students. Notably, Ms. Besel has reduced barriers to deep learning, closed achievement gaps, and created innovative solutions for students to succeed.”
The Board of Trustees says these awards are meant to recognize professional achievement and encourage the pursuit of excellence.
“Outstanding educators and administrative and service faculty make it possible for us to provide an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans,” said Michael Vekich, chair of the Board of Trustees. “The programs our faculty deliver – academic programs, advising, financial aid, registration, residential life, and student affairs, just to name a few – are vital to our ability to serve students and communities in every corner of the state.”
- Riverland teacher recognized for excellence
- Riverland teacher wins statewide honor
- New Riverland Community College scholarships
- Riverland Community College students expanding food pantry
- Riverland Community College hosts welcoming week
- Hormel Foundation to offer free scholarships to Riverland Community College
- First day of classes at Riverland Community College
- AT&T supporting STEM students at Riverland Community College
- Riverland Community College Host 4th Annual Work Skills Challenge
- NIACC baseball honored for academic excellence