MASON CITY, Iowa - It is a Mason City project years in the making and has yet to see a shovel break ground.
The River City Renaissance Project aims to bring new attractions to the downtown area including an arena, skywalk, museum, and more.
This moring, the turned in some important documents to the Iowa Economic Development Authority, but the project is still at a standstill as city officials wait on the developer to provide more documentatin on how they would finance the project.
The deadline for the current "cure period" is Oct. 22.
"We're very excited, along with the partners, where this project is going and we're hopeful that if, and when, we come out the other side of that cure period, that we're able to move forward and continue to make this project a reality," said Aaron Burnett, City Administrator.
If an agreement is not reached by the ebnd of this cure period, the city would be able to hire another developer.
Anyone with question on the River City Renaissance Project is encouraged to contact the city or its partners.
- River City Renaissance Project nears cure deadline
- River City Renaissance projects progressing
- What's next for River City Renaissance Project?
- Younkers closure impacts River City Renaissance project
- Mason City gets a deadline on River City Renaissance funding
- City staff sets timeline for River City Renaissance Project
- City leaders update IEDA Board on River City Renaissance Project
- Competitive proposal submitted to head River City Renaissance Project
- IEDA postpones vote on River City Renaissance project
- Email shows Gatehouse still interested in River City Renaissance project