MASON CITY, Iowa – As residents throw out flood-damaged materials, Cerro Gordo County Emergency Management is reminding them to separate items put out at the curb to ensure they will be picked up.
Items should be separated into categories of:
Appliances (water heaters, refrigerators, washers and dryers)
Electronics (TVs, computers, and stereos)
Furniture and carpets
For further information on cleaning and restoring your flood affected home you can refer to the Cerro Gordo County Public Health Department site at cghealth.com.
- Residents reminded to separate flood-damaged materials for disposal
- North Iowa flooding reminds residents of 2008 floods
- Reminder to properly dispose of rechargeable batteries after Christmas
- Petition calls for separating LGBT materials in Iowa library
- City reminds residents of snow removal ordinance
- Hazardous flooding impacts residents
- Where can you dispose of flood debris in Olmsted County?
- Snow removal reminder
- Holiday fire safety reminders
- Sheriff's Office reminds residents to lock doors after burglary