CHARLES CITY, Iowa - Representative Steve King was at the Charles City Library on Tuesday morning to hold a town hall with residents there.
Before the question and answer session, Rep. King talked at length about trade and immigration and his record in Congress.
The residents at the town hall asked questions ranging from gun control, to child care, to trade. Rep. King wanted them to know where he stands on the United States - Canada - Mexico Trade agreement. He blames Democrats for holding up its implementation.
When it comes to facing Democrat J.D. Scholten in the next election, he says he isn't worried, because people in his district know where he stands on the issues and how he votes in the House of Representatives.
- Rep. Steve King holds town hall event in Charles City
- Golden Apple: Charles City's Steve McGrew
- Iowa governor keeps Rep. Steve King on campaign after tweet
- Even as some cringe, Rep. Steve King's support may endure
- US Rep. Steve King's campaign criticized for Facebook post
- Backers distance themselves from Iowa GOP Rep. Steve King
- 4th District voters react to Rep. Steve King's comments
- Man charged for throwing water on Iowa Rep. Steve King
- J.D. Scholten holds town hall in Latimer
- Pete Buttigieg holds town hall in Mason City